Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The cry of my heart....

I often find inspiration to write from music. Today I find inspiration from a song by Hillsong.. from the inside out. There have been many times in my life that I've felt separated from God or felt like I can't feel his presence. During those times I usually start reading the bible more or trying to journal more, but nothing changes and my journal entries are usually dull. The pastor of our church has said something several times but it just now is really getting to my heart. If you want a change in your relationship with God it has to come from the heart. You can put anything you want on paper but it isn't always true. However your heart never lies. What you feel inside is usually what drives your emotions and love. When you see God a certain way it drives your emotions that way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that your realtionship with God must start as a love realtionship, because when you realize how much God loves you and you drive your relationship with God by the love in your heart, you will see a difference in that relationship. Much like the song says.... from the inside out, Lord my soul cries out. A change within your heart will lead to a change in you completely. How can someone completely in love with the Savior of this world not want to smile, worship, praise, be joyful, be loving, and generally have a purpose in their life.
And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise, from the inside out.
Let this praise start in your heart. Remember who God is. He is a God of love. He defines love. He is love. He is everything that is good and pure. He is your daddy. He is your friend. He is everything that is missing in your life. He fills the hole in your heart. If you don't see God in this way you are definately missing out on what God has to offer you.
Everyone needs compassion
Everyone needs forgiveness
The forgiveness of a savior
This is what my God has for you... what he desperately wants to give you. When you are in need, he is there. He sees every hurt and fear. He knows what is unfair in your life.
Surrender to the love in your heart. Surrender everything to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment